Eat your way through Sydney’s Little India with cookbook author and cooking class instructor, Teresa George!
Overview of our Indian Food Tour of Harris Park
Located just 23 km west of the Sydney CBD, and just forty minutes travel time is Harris Park, a historical suburb within the City of Parramatta. This tour will take you on a journey of discovery through Harris Park’s buzzing ‘Little India’.
During this tour, you will explore the depths of Indian cuisine, with its unique spices and exotic flavours. We’ll be sharing with you some of the most authentic Indian dishes available in Sydney. Following Ayurvedic traditions, the day tour will start on a sweet note with samples of Indian sweets such as gulab jamun, rasmali, rasgulla, burfi, and halwa, sure to delight the taste buds. Next, attendees will have the rare opportunity of going behind the scenes at a restaurant kitchen to enjoy a cooking demonstration of dosa and naan being made on a large griddle and in the tandoor oven respectively. Of course you’ll get to taste it too!
From sweet to savoury, attendees will be taken into a local Indian grocer where Teresa will guide attendees down the aisles, exploring a range of everyday Indian food items including fresh and frozen foods, grains, rice, spices, sweets and snacks. After shopping, attendees will get to rest their feet and feast on an authentic Indian feast, including the much loved Indian street food chaat.
Our next Sydney food tour of Harris Park will run on:[fancylist]
- Saturday, 20/09/2014. 11am – 2pm
- Saturday, 25/10/2014. 11am – 2pm
- Saturday, 15/11/2014. 11am – 2pm
- Saturday, 28/02/2015. 11am – 2pm
Please note this is a guided walking tour and no transportation is provided.
Harris Park is located 23 kilometres west of the Sydney CBD – approximately forty minutes travel time. It is easily accessible by road, rail or bus. Check http://transportnsw.info for your nearest route.
The I Ate My Way Through Harris Park tour meeting spot is at Taj Sweets on 91 Wigram Street, Harris Park. It is a short five minute walk from Harris Park Station.
$90 per person (inc GST) which is all inclusive of plentiful tastings, a personal tour guide, a hessian grocery bag and tour notes.
Attendees are encouraged to bring cash for groceries and other purchases throughout the tour.
Please allow approximately three hours for this tour (11am to 2pm).
If you would like to also purchase a copy of Teresa’s cookbook, Tastes & Traditions ($70), please send an email to [email protected] with your tour booking details so she can reserve a copy for you. Teresa will not carry extra copies so please ensure you request one in advance; payment can be made directly to Teresa on the day at the tour. All net proceeds from the sale of the cookbook will be donated to Gunawirra, a Redfern-based not-for-profit organisation assisting indigenous families.
I ATE MY WAY THROUGH HARRIS PARK- TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Minimum numbers. A minimum of 6 people must be booked at each tour for the tour to proceed. In the event that under 6 people are booked, you will be given the option to a full refund or to reschedule your booking
- Checking in. Don’t worry about printing your tickets, your tour guides will have a list of registered names with them.
- Arriving late. Please note that tour guides are not allowed to wait for guests arriving late. Please make sure to make the necessary arrangements to arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the tour. We are on a schedule with all the venues we visit, and we need to make sure tours are not delayed as many participants leave cars on paid by the hour parking lots.
- Attendee Cancellation: No refunds are granted. We will however work with you to reschedule your tour (subject to availability) shall you cancel at least 8 days before the tour date.
- Dietary restrictions. Please note; your are responsible to double check with the tour guide what ingredients are used on all the foods to be tasted so that if you are allergic to any or all of them, you agree that you acknowledge and understand and it is your personal consent to try them or not.
- I Ate My Way Through Tours is not responsible for the foods or beverages consumed on its tours. I Ate My Way Through acts solely as agent in arranging tours, venue visits and other services and does not assume liability for accidents, delays, injuries, loss or damage due to any act or default of any company, organization or person engaged in transporting passengers, rendering service, or carrying out arrangements for any tour or by the act of default of any restaurant or shop or its employees.