Explore and taste the depths of Lao cuisine with Lao-Australian food blogger, Ngeun of Padaek.com!
Overview of our Lao Food Tour
Vastly undiscovered, Lao cuisine is often likened to its better known Thai counterpart. However, like every culture, there are big differences to be discovered and appreciated!
During this tour, you will explore the depths of Lao cuisine, with its fresh ingredients and exotic flavours. We’ll be sharing with you some of the most interesting Lao dishes, such as sai oua (grilled pork sausages), the national dish of Laos – larb (minced meat salad), desserts including khao neow mark muang (sticky rice and mango), and of course the staple food of Laos – khao neow (sticky rice). You’ll even get hands-on in a cooking class and make your own tam maak hoong (Lao green papaya salad).
Please contact us with your desired dates to check availability. This event is available as a private/corporate experience for groups of 10 – 30 people.
- 4 hour guided event
- Learn about Laos culture and cuisine
- Visit a grocery store and learn about authentic Lao ingredients
- Hands-on cooking class
- Lunch or dinner banquet
Please note this is a guided walking tour and no transportation is provided.
The I Ate My Way Through Laos in Sydney tour meeting spot is at the corner of George Street and Campbell Street, Haymarket, Sydney. It is a short seven minute walk from Town Hall Station, or a ten minute walk from Central Station.
$90 per person (inc GST) which is all inclusive of a hands-on cooking class, a sumptuous banquet, a personal tour guide, a boutique grocery bag and tour notes.
Attendees are encouraged to bring cash for groceries and other purchases throughout the tour.
Please allow approximately four hours for this tour.
I ATE MY WAY THROUGH LAOS IN SYDNEY- TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Arriving late. Please note that tour guides are not allowed to wait for guests arriving late. Please make sure to make the necessary arrangements to arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the tour. We are on a schedule with all the venues we visit, and we need to make sure tours are not delayed as many participants leave cars on paid by the hour parking lots.
- Attendee Cancellation: No refunds are granted. We will however work with you to reschedule your tour (subject to availability) shall you cancel at least 8 days before the tour date.
- Dietary restrictions. Please note; your are responsible to double check with the tour guide what ingredients are used on all the foods to be tasted so that if you are allergic to any or all of them, you agree that you acknowledge and understand and it is your personal consent to try them or not.
- I Ate My Way Through Tours is not responsible for the foods or beverages consumed on its tours. I Ate My Way Through acts solely as agent in arranging tours, venue visits and other services and does not assume liability for accidents, delays, injuries, loss or damage due to any act or default of any company, organization or person engaged in transporting passengers, rendering service, or carrying out arrangements for any tour or by the act of default of any restaurant or shop or its employees.